Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Raise Your Hand if You are Quirky

I have a confession...in my about me I talked about my "quirkiness" yet I haven't really written anything about this (unless you find what I've already written quirky and then apparently...there's no hope.) Well...I have tried to be calm/cool/collected with my writing...until we got acquainted...so here we are...acquainted...which means I guess I have to tell you about one of my quirks.
Raise your hand if you get "stuck on" things. My dad would have to raise his hand on this one...I blame him for the fact that I get stuck on things just like he does. Confused?
Let me give you an example: I went to this restaurant the other day...and I really liked their rolls. Cool. They have good rolls. So does about 560782 other restaurants. What have I wanted to eat every single day since I went there? Their rolls. To the point where I have asked different people every day to go there and eat with me (if I asked the same person then that would be embarrassing now wouldn't it?)....but then the last time I went the waiter kind of kept secretly smiling (you know when someone is trying not to smile but they do and you know it's because they are laughing at you) every time he came over to our table.
Does it make sense now? I hope so...because I am starting to get embarrassed talking about it. The point of this story, folks, is that I think ya'll can benefit from this quirk!!
My last "stuck on" moment was trying to find THE BEST beauty products out there (which stemmed from being "stuck on" making lists...but anyway) here is my list from both scouring the Allure Best Beauty '09---magazine articles---Allure's online articles/how to's (such as this one, a fav.)---Sephora reviews/Award Winners---and---Allure's editors picks (as in I looked at their picks all the way to the first day they started picking them....2 years ago..I told you...it's a borderline disorder.)

My Skincare Selections for Beautifyin' and Maintainin'
That Pretty Lil' Face of Yours
Masks--Peels--Scrubs--Nighttime Remedies
***stay tuned for more skincare/makeup/hair products***


***Please let me know if you buy one and what you think!***

1. Peter Thomas Roth Unwrinkle Peel Pads *45~Sephora/Amazon
2a. MD Skincare EZ4U 4 in 1 Facial Treatment Pads *35~Sephora
(cleanses, tones, wrinkle-fighter, AND, moisturizer)
2b. OR get this *80 kit---for only *45:
(includes these pads + Alpha Beta Daily Facial Peel + sunscreen + tinted moisturizer + all-in-one cleansing foam + eye hydration sample)
Persuasion~MD Skincare products have alpha and beta hydroxy acids which prevent pre-aging
3. Avon Advanced Retexturizing Peel (30 pads) *21
(glycolic peel for age damage and dullness)
4. Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask *85~Sephora
5. Kiehls Brightening Botancial Hydrating Mask *30~kiehls.com
Persuasion~This is a hangover cure for your face (brightens skin)
6. Clean & Clear Steam Soft in Shower Facial *7~drugstore
7. Euko Extreme Cellular Nutrition Masque *60~amazon/blissworld.com
8. Shiseido White Lucent Intensive Brightening Mask *60~Sephora
9. Arcona Wine Hydrating Mask *38~Amazon
(again...brightens face the day after girls night)
10. Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask *52~Sephora
(oxygen/antioxidants/Vitamin C)
11. Dermalogica Daily Microexfoliant *50~dermalogica.com
12. St Ives Element Microdermabrasion *7~drugstore
13. Biore Skin Preservation Even Smoother Microderm Exfoliator *14~drugstore
14. Biore Mandarin Blossom Nose Strips *5.99~drugstore
15. Elizabeth Arden Intervene Stress Recovery Night Cream *50
16. Murad Sleep Reform Serum *98~Sephora/Amazon
17. Kiehls Midnight Recovery Concentrate *30~kiehls.com

No comments:

Post a Comment